Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm Back In the 'Ville




Well, I am back, starting today, from a brief reprieve and spiritually centering trip to the Crescent Beach. I thought I was going to have internet access out there, but it was a luxury I was, apparently, not meant to enjoy.

The trip itself was nice and fairly relaxing save the ridiculous series of events which unfolded Wednesday night.

I was coaxed into a night-time departure under the banner of spontaneity and adventure and I ate it up. The problem with a 10 o'clock departure is that you arrive sometime around midnight. Usually, this wouldn't be an issue -- I'm young and can handle the occasional late night. However, the key with which we were bestowed, upon arrival, seemed as though its home did not happen to be the keyhole to the condo we were supposed to be staying in. I was tired, cantankerous and in need of strong drink; I can't begin to tell you the level of devastation I was in when the key would not jam into the damn hole.

The problem was rectified the next morning, but not until a drive to Daytona and back had been completed. All's well that ends well, so who the hell am I to complain?

Tonight I think I am going to venture into the heart of Gainesville's mid-town. My final destination could be anywhere but it will most likely be the world infamous Gator Shitty. Hopefully I will see lots of happy people there, no drama, fist-a-cuffs or drink-on-the-head pouring. Happy Friday.

No comments: