Thursday, June 12, 2008

Get Your Sned-ness Up



Ladies and gentleman, this is Brandt Snedeker. He is my new favorite golfer.

After watching him down the stretch at The Masters, I couldn't help but be drawn to his calming demeanor and general lack of concern about the magnitude of his situation. He reminds me of Dupree from the cinematic masterpiece "You, Me and Dupree." I imagine that he likes to talk about regaining his Sned-ness when he's having a rough go at it out on the links. He is, no doubt, in tune with his zen and, truth be told, I'm not sure he really cares whether he succeeds or fails; the Sned is always happy with a strong personal effort.

I have money riding on Snedeker today so my fan-hood is at an even higher level. Let's just say if Sned makes the cut at the U.S. Open this weekend I'll be one happy man.

Hopefully the guy is throwing seven kinds of smoke.

No comments: