Sunday, May 4, 2008

Zach Loves the Beach


Well yesterday's Kentucky Derby proved to be as interesting as I could have guessed; I won't even get into how spot on I was about Big Brown. That is an epic beast to say the very least; I suspect we could be looking at the first Triple Crown winner in 30 years.

The lovely beach picture is appropriate because me and some associates of mine are taking a reprieve at the beach for the extended weekend. We had cocktails, watched basketball and had, in general, a very good time last night. Some consumed more than others. I of course was responsible and fell asleep nice and early so I could enjoy the morning. I have already gone on a beach cruiser adventure. Our lone female companion is cooking breakfast as I type -- it is merely coincidence that she has done the majority of the "woman's work," we are, of course, a very progressive group.

Today's activities will include plenty of beer consumption and sun exposure. A gentleman who I will only refer to as "The Big Cat" has brought his Hawaiian Tropic Tan Accelerator and he is quite excited about using it.

We are staying in a very swanky neighborhood and I am going to make a point this afternoon to mingle with some of the high-society types who I've seen washing their boats and what not. I am equipped with my yachting shoes and have a pension, when vacationing, to be quite cordially infultrative.

My next post could be in the midst of tropical bliss or total chaos. Stay tuned.

No comments: